I actually have had a pretty good summer this year, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to slack as far as making August count is involved.
I have a poem up at Word Riot today, if you are so inclined.
I recently got an email from a student who needed to know 16 facts about me for a school project. He said the facts could be anything, so here is what I gave him, in case you find yourself faced with a similar project.
Erik P. Kraft . . .
1. Has 6 pet chickens (named Boss Chicken, Suzy Creamcheese, Henny Penny, and The Mandrell Sisters)
2. Has eaten a whole pie on his own on more than one occasion
3. Has been writing ever since he could hold a pencil
4. Is vegetarian
5. Has a son who thinks he is a weirdo (but who thinks being a weirdo is funny)
6. Once had gigantic Elvis sideburns
7. Often performs comedy (or what he thinks is comedy)
8. Can drive a stick shift
9. Went to UMass Amherst
10. Started writing children’s books after taking a class taught by Jack Gantos
11. Started illustrating his stories after having Chris Raschka as an advisor in grad school, who suggested he do it
12. Once convinced a friend in school that Impressionist art was when you carve pictures into potatoes and stamp them in ink
13. Is not superstitious about the number 13
14. Had a picture of Mr. Rogers in his high school locker
15. Was not himself called Miracle Wimp in school (they went more for the cheese names rather than mayonnaise) but knew someone who was.
16. Is colorblind and his outfits reflect his.
I just added a couple of small prints of some drawings I’ve done over on my Etsy shop, if anyone’s into that sort of thing.
Including the infamous “And the baby was a clown!”